Cauliflower Tots!! Kid food made healthy for grown-ups!
Simple, Easy, and Quick (25 minutes)
• 2 cups cauliflower florets
• 1 large egg
• ½ cup onion, minced
• ¼ cup bell pepper, minced (optional)
• ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup breadcrumbs
• ¼ minced cilantro or parsley (optional)
• salt and pepper to taste
• cooking spray or oil
• Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray or lightly grease with oil. Set aside.
• Steam cauliflower in hot water for 3-5 minutes or until nice and soft, drain and chopped with a knife or blend in the food processor (just a few seconds.)
• In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small oval shaped tots.
• Place on the cookie sheet ½ inch apart and bake for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.
(by: brunch time baker)
Does it sound delicious or delicious?? ;)
Things you need:
> Pizza Crust
> Mozzarella Cheese
> Pizza Sauce
>Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms (aka: your choice of veggies!)
> Coconut Oil
1. Coat a baking dish with coconut oil
2. Place pizza crust in baking dish
3. Top the crust with pizza sauce
4. Add your veggies of choice!
5. top with cheese
6. Cook according to the pizza crust instructions
7. Serve & Enjoy!
Because doesn't everyone just want pizza on a Friday night? & total time is likely a max of 15 minutes!
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, flour, and garlic salt, whisking until mostly smooth (it’s ok if there are a few lumps left).
3. Very gently (cauliflower can be pretty delicate), place the cauliflower in the bowl and lightly toss to completely coat with the buttermilk mixture.
4. Place the cauliflower in a shallow baking dish and bake for about 15-18 minutes or so (watch it, it may start to brown up quickly on you.)
5. Meanwhile, combine the buffalo sauce and the melted butter in a small bowl.
6. Carefully remove the hot cauliflower from the oven and pour the buffalo sauce mixture over it, stirring gently to coat it as best you can.
7. Return the cauliflower to the oven and bake for another 5-8 minutes or so. Let cool slightly and serve immediately.
You should know that I have a “Cooking Basics for Dummies” book so when people tell me that they can’t eat healthy because they don’t know how to cook, you can imagine the dumbfounded look on my face….So, that being said, this recipe can be made by ANYONE.
A little background: about 3 weeks ago I completed the newest cleanse called the “3 Day Refresh.” Simply put, it’s the HEALTHIEST way to “cleanse” your body by making sure you have all of the vitamins, protein, fiber, and nutrients that your body needs. (full details on the program to come soon so check back!)
But what you should know is that you get to eat dinner and eating is my FAVORITE thing to do so I was pleasantly surprised at how DELICIOUS and SIMPLE this dinner recipe was….8 simple ingredients & 4 easy steps — could you handle that?
If so, let’s do this!!
(makes 1 serving – I doubled up on everything to have leftovers)
½ tsp. olive oil
½ clove garlic
½ tsp. grated fresh ginger
½ cup green beans
½ cup sliced fresh carrot
½ cup sliced fresh red bell pepper
¼ tsp. sea salt
2 Tbsp. organic vegetable broth
1. Cut up all veggies, measure, and put into one bowl.
2. Cut, grate, and measure all other ingredients and set to side.
3. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat; add garlic and ginger.
4. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
5. Add all of your veggies AND salt and broth.
6. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
**Number 1 & 2 are not part of the original instructions. HOWEVER for a “Cooking for Dummies” kinda girl I need to know how to best “prep” because when I first started trying to make recipes I was a hot mess trying to cut up and measure everything as I was in the middle of the the instructions and it ended with a lot of burnt food. So, f you’re a recent college graduate like me who has never cooked before or not good at cooking, you’re welcome!!