You should know that I have a “Cooking Basics for Dummies” book so when people tell me that they can’t eat healthy because they don’t know how to cook, you can imagine the dumbfounded look on my face….So, that being said, this recipe can be made by ANYONE.
A little background: about 3 weeks ago I completed the newest cleanse called the “3 Day Refresh.” Simply put, it’s the HEALTHIEST way to “cleanse” your body by making sure you have all of the vitamins, protein, fiber, and nutrients that your body needs. (full details on the program to come soon so check back!)
But what you should know is that you get to eat dinner and eating is my FAVORITE thing to do so I was pleasantly surprised at how DELICIOUS and SIMPLE this dinner recipe was….8 simple ingredients & 4 easy steps — could you handle that?
If so, let’s do this!!
(makes 1 serving – I doubled up on everything to have leftovers)
½ tsp. olive oil
½ clove garlic
½ tsp. grated fresh ginger
½ cup green beans
½ cup sliced fresh carrot
½ cup sliced fresh red bell pepper
¼ tsp. sea salt
2 Tbsp. organic vegetable broth
1. Cut up all veggies, measure, and put into one bowl.
2. Cut, grate, and measure all other ingredients and set to side.
3. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat; add garlic and ginger.
4. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
5. Add all of your veggies AND salt and broth.
6. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
**Number 1 & 2 are not part of the original instructions. HOWEVER for a “Cooking for Dummies” kinda girl I need to know how to best “prep” because when I first started trying to make recipes I was a hot mess trying to cut up and measure everything as I was in the middle of the the instructions and it ended with a lot of burnt food. So, f you’re a recent college graduate like me who has never cooked before or not good at cooking, you’re welcome!!
*Share this healthy dessert with everyone you know because it is Delicious and PERFECT for the weekend to cool you down and to give you something SWEET....Super Simple Recipe (those are the only ones I can do!):
1. Slice Bananas in half
2. Put PB on half of the slices then top with it with another banana slice to make it like a sandwich
3. Place in the freezer for one hour
4. Dip them in chocolate (half I did without chocolate and they were good too. I suggest getting dark, all natural chocolate chips and melt them)
5. Put them back in the freezer for 3 hours or until you are ready to eat them.